STARS BEFORE BEDTIME BOOK
Create a calm bedtime ritual with this debut book in the Before Bedtime series, Stars Before Bedtime – a soothing journey through the glittering constellations of the night sky woven with tried-and-true sleep exercises from the best-selling author and clinical psychologist Dr. Jessamy Hibberd.
In this fast-paced world, relaxing and preparing for sleep can be difficult for children. This beautiful, fact-filled book helps ease bedtime struggles with mindfulness, muscle relaxation, gentle yoga poses, visualization, and other exercises proven to help kids release stress and anxiety, clear their minds, get ready for bed, and fall asleep faster while also boosting happiness and improving overall health.
With gentle, calming artwork from the wonderfully talented Hannah Tolson and simple, melodic text, children explore the sky’s constellations and the mythical stories behind them as they get their minds and bodies ready for bed. Each exercise, called out by a moon symbol, is simple and easy to do. Usher in calm with these and more soothing techniques:
- Stretch out on your bed like the snake-like constellation Draco the Dragon—take a deep breath in through your nose and then breathe out all the air through your mouth, making a hissing sound, just like a slithering snake!
- Close your eyes and picture the ship from the constellation Argo Navis in your head. Now climb on board and let’s go on an adventure. You are the captain of the ship. Maybe you’ll dream of floating through a moonlit sky on broad wings, like Aquila the Eagle. Or perhaps you’ll drift down a glittering stream with Cygnus the Swan.
- Hold your hands together just like Castor and Pollux, the twins of the constellation Gemini. Rest them on your chest—can you feel your breath moving in and out as your chest rises and falls?
The pages are self-contained so you can start anywhere and complete as many, or as few, exercises as you like. Join your child as they complete the exercises—you might just find something that works for you, too. Tips on mindfulness and extra resources for parents are included at the back of the book. Stargazers of all ages will love this journey through constellations.
Good sleep is essential for growing brains. Each beautifully illustrated book in the Before Bedtime series helps curious children prepare for sleep by uniting a different intriguing non-fiction topic with sleep-inducing mindfulness exercises; an effective alternative to the traditional bedtime story. Fascinating facts are paired with guided relaxation techniques inspired by the topic for a peaceful routine that not only leaves bedtime battles far behind but equips children for success in a hectic world.
- By: Dr. Jessamy Hibberd, Claire Grace, Hannah Tolson
- ISBN-13: 9780711255579
- Publisher: Wide Eyed Editions
- Imprint: Wide Eyed Editions
- Pages: 32